Informed travelers know Mexico’s touristic areas are safe and enjoyable. If you are visiting Mexico for the first time, US News & World Report provides a good starting point with this list.
- US News & World Report recommends Puerto Vallarta as its top pick.
- HSIM Editor's note: Consider staying at the nearby resorts of Riviera Nayarit across Banderas Bay.
- US News also recommends Tulum and the Mayan Riviera, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Mexico City, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan.
- Where ever you choose to travel, we hope you create memories that will last a lifetime and share them with your friends and family.
Common sense goes a long way.
Where ever your imagination takes you, travel confidently. Use common sense.
- Research your destination.
- Choose accommodations that are in neighborhoods where you can stroll safely.
- If you are uncertain, ask travel professionals at your local travel agent.
- Be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly.
Avoid drawing attention to yourself through:
- Disruptive behavior
- Overt displays of wealth
- Dressing in clothing that announces you are visiting.
- Remember every town and city has a bad neighborhood. Keep out of it.
- When in doubt, avoid traveling after dark in places you do not know well.
With a little homework, you are more likely to feel confident and look and feel like you belong in exciting new surroundings. We want you to safely enjoy all of the magical places this world has to offer.